Consciously create the rock-solid foundation your relationship deserves.
“The early part of a relationship, besides the fun and infatuation,
is about establishing trust and a shared future.”
― John M. Gottman, Eight Dates: A Plan for Making Love Last Forever
Image by ANURAG1112 from Pixabay
Image by Julie Rose from Pixabay
Are you planning to deepen your commitment, and would you like to establish an emotionally intelligent marriage (or common law relationship) built on mutual trust?
Research by Dr. John Gottman, PhD, and others has found that the quality of interaction between committed partners is highly predictive of marital distress or divorce.
Your interactions and communications with each other are dynamic behavior factors that you can change to improve your odds of staying together and having a fulfilling life-long relationship.
“Trust is built in very small moments, which I call ‘sliding door’ moments. In any interaction, there is a possibility of connecting with your partner or turning away from your partner. One such moment is not important, but if you’re always choosing to turn away, then trust erodes in a relationship- very gradually, very slowly.”
― Dr. John Gottman
Are you curious about the strengths and weaknesses of your individual relationship?
Do you want to increase your positive interactions and learn habits, like turning towards each other, that successful couples demonstrate?
Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay
What is the Course for Your Powerful Life Partnership all about?
This course is for:
- Couples considering a long-term commitment of moving in together or getting married.
- Couples at the beginning of a committed long-term relationship, or newlyweds.
This course is for you if:
- You want to be equipped with tools for a successful relationship. Learn what neither school nor home teaches us.
- You have specific issues that you would like to work through before making a commitment.
- You are not sure if you should get married or deepen your commitment.
- You are newly married or in a committed relationship and things are not as you imagined. You are perhaps disillusioned and not sure how to improve the relationship.
What is included?
- Pre-course questionnaire which covers 13 relationship areas for you to fill out and return. This will help you to think about different aspects of your relationship. Your answers will allow me to get insight into your unique relationship and the areas that need particular focus.
- 6 Hours (usually divided up into three sessions of 2 hours each) of one-on-one relationship coaching to work on key areas of successful relationship building. These include, among others: expectations of each other, of love, and of marriage; communication; managing conflict; intimacy; finances; extended family; children and parenting.
- An opportunity to talk about any particular issues that you are struggling with. The course is customized to your unique relationship, building on your strengths and teaching you essential relationship insights and skills.
- Assignments to practice new learned skills in between the three sessions.
- An opportunity to define your goals and learn to work as a team.
- Further resources (handouts, website articles, videos) on important relationship skills and practices.
- A certificate of completion.
- An experienced relationship coach who you can return to whenever you need help.
Reach out to schedule a phone consultation now, so you and your partner can get to know me before signing up for The Course for Your Powerful Life Partnership.