(Image Used for Title by LadyMarisa from Pixabay)
2020 was certainly an extraordinary year, disrupting our lives and our sense of normality to turn everything upside down, as we scrambled to adapt.
We might be hoping that soon everything will be “back to normal”, meaning back to how it used to be before the COVID crisis, but at the same time we will all be changed by this experience. And if we are not taking the learning forward with us, we have missed an opportunity for growth.
Here are 10 things, which I was reminded of this year, and which I feel are worth taking forward with us into 2021.
- Self care is a priority, not a luxury!
- Difficult times show us what is most important: making time for the people we love!
- As humans we are all vulnerable and we need to be there for each other in creative ways.
- The only thing that is certain in life is change. Therefore, let us set the intention to go through life with gratitude and appreciation for the present moment!
- Always ask, “What choices can I make?”, even when you feel restricted, limited, and stuck in a situation.
- We are capable of much more than we thought we were!
- Find something to look forward to and enjoy every day!
- Mindfulness and spiritual connection are more important than ever.
- Isolated does not need to mean lonely. Balance is to enjoy your own company and to also reach out to others to connect.
- Stay focused on your life purpose and continue to live it, no matter what is going on around you!
May you all launch into the new year with strength, courage, wisdom,
and the creativity and flexibility to master all challenges that life tends to have in store for us.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!