In my last blog article “Pura Vida”, I mentioned to you how much my trip to Costa Rica has moved and inspired me. Our outreach day, during which we visited the San Francisco Micro Farm and Sustainable School near Fortuna, was especially moving.
I wonder if you would agree with me that the future of our planet depends on everybody learning how to respect nature and live ecologically? If so, you will love this school project. The children in this school are not only taught academics but they are taught how to sustain themselves through ecological farming.
Here are some of the amazing things that they are doing in this school which will change the world if more schools take on this concept:
- The school serves lunch, using 80% of the food the children grow themselves.
- The garden is used to learn health. A path leads through the garden which illustrates the digestive system from ingestion to elimination. Along the path the herbs which assist with each part of digestion are planted.
- They learn geometry in their garden.
- They learn about ecological sustainability.
- They have a “Leave No Trace Behind” policy. No garbage comes into the school, and no garbage goes out!
- What is left over after they are fed, they learn to market and sell.
- They have incorporated disabled kids into their program long before it became mandatory by law.
Bird’s Eye Video of the San Francisco School & Farm
Although the government is studying this public school as a model for the rest of the country, they don’t officially recognize or financially support it. The school is privately funded, and often struggles financially to pay the farm hands, and other workers and educators.
The great news is that it only takes US$ 400 / month to sustain the key farm-hand, and keep operations rolling smoothly. So that means by raising US$ 5,000, we can sustain them for another year!
So today, I have a special love-based request of you. If you feel inspired by reading about this school, seeing the photos and watching the videos, please consider donating to this 501-C3 Non-Profit organization to reach the goal of helping the school run for another year. You will be donating to a tax-deductible, non-profit organization that really is set up to change how we teach our children all across this planet.
Our team has set up a GoFundMe page here. You can donate directly on the go fund me page (my preferred option), or give me the donation during your next session, and I will contribute for you.
To show you my own commitment, I will give everybody who donates $50 or more $15 off your next session with me during the months of November and December. Even a $25 donation already adds up and helps. In gratitude for your support and open heart.
I know your time is valuable and I appreciate you reading my blog. If you are enjoying my articles, you can subscribe to receive an e-mail notification whenever I post a new blog. All you need to do is to enter your email address in the field in the left sidebar. Thank you for your support!