Imagine looking forward to your baby’s birth, feeling confident and relaxed. Imagine coping well and relaxing deeper than you ever thought possible. Imagine your baby being born in an atmosphere of calm and peace.
More and more women these days are turning to hypnosis for an easier, calmer and more comfortable birth. Whether planning a hospital or home birth, a medicated or natural birth, hypnosis is an effective tool to allow you to stay in control and have a more comfortable pregnancy and more natural birth experience.
Research studies show that the use of hypnosis for childbirth results in
- shorter labours
- reduced use of pain medication
- higher Apgar scores (measurement of the baby’s well being at birth)
- reduced surgical delivery (Caesarian or forceps)
- reduced postpartum depression.
Usually, 4 to 6 sessions are required to create an easier birth. It allows you enough time to learn (and practise) self-hypnosis for the birth and deal with other pregnancy issues (nausea, breech, insomnia, anxiety) if necessary. The last session should preferably be scheduled 6 to 8 weeks before your due date. Ideally you would want to begin this program between 20 and 26 weeks of pregnancy.
Some of the skills you will learn:
- How to put yourself quickly and efficiently in a state of natural trance and relaxation
- How to trust in your body’s natural ability to give birth and to support your body best
- How to feel a slight discomfort or pressure or numbing rather than pain
- How to stay positive, calm and strong through all three stages of labour
What your partner will learn:
- How to best support you going into trance
- How to give you the suggestions you want to hear
- How to make you more comfortable in all three stages of labour
Photos on this page provided by:
Appointments are available in Mississauga (Britannia & Winston Churchill).